Blockchain & Web3 Development Notes
A full look at going from Full Stack to Full Dapp Devlopment
- Key Concepts
- Important tools and resources
- Getting started building Solidity Smart Contracts
- Conclusion/Final Thoughts
Why is Bitcoin important?
Bitcoin is the first peer-to-peer money transfer implementation of a blockchain with the white paper dating back to 2010
What is a Blockchain?
A blockchain is essentially distributed ledger technology
What is Web3?
There are a few fundamental differences between Web2 and Web3, but decentralization is at its core.
Web3 enhances the internet as we know it today with a few other added characteristics. Web3 is:
- Native built-in payments
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is blockchain network of computers that can not only process a distributed ledger, but can also process smart contracts that are run on this distributed ledger.
What is a Dapp?
Dapps are decentralized apps. They are like normal apps, and offer similar functions, but the key difference is, they are run on a peer-to-peer network, such as a blockchain.
- A network is a grouping of computers running the ethereum client, these computers are known as nodes on the network
- Anyone can run a node
- Each node can have a full copy of the blockchain
- Web3.js is like a coding portal into ethereum