My second Project as a Software Developer
A React Native Mobile Application that can scan qr codes, add nfts to cart, and checkout using stripe.
- Open Camera on Button Press
- Scan QR Code using Camera
- Open a page from the scanned QR code
- Create Expo project
- Install QR code Libraries
- Create a view with button
- On button press open Camera
- Scan QR Code
- If QR Code is NFT, open the associated link
I have come across a number of expo libraries, tools, and react native aids that helped me create a working MVP app here:
QR Code Scanner - Snack
Try this project on your phone! Use Expo's online editor to make changes and save your own copy.
Update: I was given 3 repos to work on
I’ll be using some of my own repos for this, I’ll update once back end talks to front end.
Connect Any API to your Smart Contracts
Related posts Learn how Chainlink Hackathon prize winners Cozy Reef used multiple Chainlink services to power their…
Showed boss what I had and he didn'tLike that I used opensea API
He wants me to build a custom Front end and backend.
The app now uses swiper, expo, stripe, and firebase/firestore to function as in this diagram:
At this point we’ve achieved an MVP versions using 3 separate projects.
- React native: A mobile app for browsing NFTs and Scanning QR Codes from the Kiosk
- Create-React-App: A static kiosk where the respective NFT is displayed with a QR code that is understandable to the Mobile App
- Nextjs: A react app for curators and admins to manage the NFT’s displayed and available
The react native app was built using Expo with a snack published to demonstrate QR code functionality.
The Kiosk is to be displayed on ATM owned by Chainbytes LLC
The NextJS App takes advantage of the NextJS internal API and NextAuth library to allow for API functionality with the React Native App.
Making the App better
- Create customer on checkout- no initial auth
- NFT Card display — Display individual NFT’s in their own card
- Add multiple network support (Currently just Ethereum)
- Move to personal smart contract for Minting